David J Sacco, MDPediatric Neurological Surgery
Dr. Sacco has an international reputation for expertise in complex craniosynostosis care and is the only pediatric neurosurgeon performing fetal surgery in North Texas. He practices minimally invasive techniques when appropriate including endoscopic third ventriculostomy and choroid plexus cauterization for neonatal hydrocephalus as well as Cyberknife radiosurgery. Dr. Sacco has published journal articles and book chapters on topics ranging from tumors, craniofacial disorders, spinal instrumentation and Chiari malformations.
Ultimately, the relationship with the patients and their families is the most important thing. The idea of seeing a neurosurgeon for your child can be a frightening prospect. Dr. Sacco takes pride in discussing the diagnosis and reviewing the appropriate imaging in a way that children and families can understand. Following that, an appropriate plan of care is decided with the patient and family that may or may not include surgical intervention. If surgery is required you can be confident that Dr. Sacco has the talent, training and experience to facilitate the best outcomes.
- Pediatric Neurological Surgery - Primary
- Gender: Male
- Fellowship: Harvard Medical School - Children's Hospital Boston - 2002
- Graduate Degree: Doctor Of Medicine - Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine - 1995
- Internship: University of Kentucky - 2001
- Residency: University of Kentucky - 2001
- Medical City Spine Hospital
- Medical City Dallas Hospital
- Medical City Children's Hospital